JMS Lincoln Limited are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us and are legally obliged to inform you of what information we hold for you and how we will /will not use it.
This statement describes what type of information we collect from you, how that information is used by us and how you can manage the information we hold.
How the law protects you
Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The reasons we process your personal data include, but are not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract, billing and to contact you.
How we collect information from you
We receive information about you when you contact us by phone, email or via our website.
As a customer / supplier this information may include:
• Company name / Individual name
• Company address / Individual address
• Delivery addresses
• Company contacts (if applicable)
• Telephone/Fax Numbers provided by you or your company
• Email addresses provided by you or your company
• VAT No (If applicable)
• Bank Details (If applicable)
How we use this information
We use the information you have provided to facilitate trading with you and your Company and for general communication with your business. We will only use the information for the purpose for which it has been collected.
We use the information you have provided in the following ways:
• To provide you with a quotation for our services
• To provide you with products and services (where appropriate)
• To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments
• To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query
• To comply with our contractual obligations, we may have with you
How we share this information
We will not sell your information to third parties, we may however when required disclose your information to companies or organisations to whom we pass responsibly to provide you with goods or services on our behalf (e.g. delivery by a third party).
We may also disclose your information to a third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
We only disclose such information that is necessary to deliver the service they are undertaking on our behalf.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners comply with data protection legislation and protect your data as we do.
Where we store your personal data
Information about you or your company is backed up and stored off site for data security and loss prevention. We hold information within our office systems, Microsoft Outlook, Dropbox, Microsoft Onedrive, Xero and Online Banking.
We will always do our best to keep your information secure by taking the appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss destruction or damage. We will ensure that reasonable steps are taken to protect your data in accordance with this privacy notice.
Where you have provided your consent, we may wish to contact you from time to time regarding products, promotions or services which we think may be of interest to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the contact information provided in the ‘How you can manage the information we hold about you?’ section at the bottom of this page.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain information for longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for the duration of our business relationship and thereafter for as long as is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How you can manage the information we hold about you?
Under data protection law (in certain circumstances) you have a number of rights relating to your personal information. In relation to most rights we will ask you for information to confirm your identity.
You have the right to:
• Ask for a copy of information we hold relating to you
• Update and correct your information
• Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it)
• Object to our use of your information, provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to process and use that information
• Erase or restrict the use of your information, provided we do not have any lawful reason to continue to process and use that information
• Return your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where we rely on your consent to use and process your data or need to process it in connection with your contract.
If you withdraw your consent for the use of your data for the purposes set out by our privacy notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of our services.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to make sure you’re happy to continue sharing your information with us.
Where possible we will also contact you directly to update you on any changes.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
You can contact us to exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by using the details below:
Post: JMS Lincoln Ltd
Witham St Hughs Business Park | Camp Road | Witham St Hughs | Lincoln | LN6 9TW